Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun

So, I did it! I made the Oompa Loompa costume for Ammon and fairy skirt for Hailey. I think it turned out way cute! Ammon even won a Halloween costume contest at Luke's work. He'll be treating to us Chilis Restaurant one night for dinner. He won a $50 gift card and we told him he could order whatever he wanted on the menu.


We also had a great time at the fall festival at Ammon's school. There were games (like the pumpkin roll..cute), cake walk, inflatables! Hailey got lucky and won a plateful of cupcakes at the cake walk.



I can't believe November is already here. Now all I can think of is Christmas, Christmas gifts, and how to SAVE money this Christmas season. It seems like the past few years my kids have been spoiled rotten at Christmas time (and not by me...grandparents have a lot to do with that), this year I want it to be different. I want to spend Christmas day at home and have more of the focus on our Savior and not all the presents and Santa. It saddens me that when Ammon and Hailey think of Christmas, the first thing they mention is presents. I know they are kids and usually that's what kids get out of Christmas, I just want to TRY and make it different for them this year.

As for my big ol belly...I'm now 24 weeks pregnant, so I'm past that halfway mark. I know time will go by quickly now, especially with the holidays coming up. I did manage to buy a crib (it's black and I LOVE it) we got the crib mattress and I found a glider rocker with an ottoman. (My Lazy Boy will have to wait). Now we need bunk beds for the big kids and carseat/stroller. Once we have that...it's just a matter of setting it all up and re-arranging rooms. We'll get there.

I have a story to share about Ammon. I don't know why, but he is really into this kissing thing lately. He keeps kissing girls!!! We have talked to him many many times about this and have tried to explain to him that we don't kiss our friends. He assures he won't do it again...and yet, he does. Today I picked him up at preschool and the first thing he said was, "Mommy, please don't be mad at me". I thought, oh no, what did he do?! He told me he had to move his clip to red b/c he kissed a girl. UGH...I don't know how to get him to stop. I made him call Luke at work and tell him about getting on red and why he got on red. Luke told him he was grounded. Like Ammon really knew what that meant. He was so excited to be told he was grounded. I think b/c he has had friends in the neighborhood who couldn't come outside to play at times b/c they were grounded. LOL So I told Ammon he had to come home eat lunch, take a nap, and then he wouldn't be grounded anymore. He was cool with that. Although before he laid down for a nap he told me that when his friends came over and asked him to come out play he would have to tell them he was grounded. Ok, so not a good punishment. Hopefully, he'll keep his lips to himself....atleast until he's 30.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Those costumes are so awesome! I'm not too sure what to say about the kissing thing...at least he's not hitting girls!

andrea said...

You rock, Jessica! The fairy skirt looks cute. And the Oompa Loompa is amazing!

Just give him a couple of years. I bet he'll be avoiding the girls by the time he's in 3rd grade. At least that's what happened to B.

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

Jess you did such a great job with their costumes! That's great!
LOL I laughed so hard reading about Ammon being on red and getting grounded. At least Taylor was one of his first! Now I'm wondering what number she was??? Avery and one of her boy cousins make me remember Taylor & Ammon swapping passies & playing together.

brittanyandtravis said...

How funny about Ammon! He is going to be a heart breaker!