Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brynlee's Debut

Most of our kiddos came at 37 weeks. So when my 37 week mark came and WENT with Brynlee, I was just blown away! I began to think Brynlee was never going to come out. I walked, jumped on the trampoline, ate Mexican food...basically I tried everything (no castor oil...I drew the line there). Part of me just wanted her out, but then part of me wanted her to stay put as long as possible b/c that meant Luke would be home from Afghanistan longer.

Quick review on Luke. He was to deploy for 4 months. This meant he would miss Halloween, Ammon's birthday, new baby's birth, Thanksgiving, and Christmas...you know...the best part of the year that has all the fun holidays. I put on my big girl panties though and kept telling myself I can do it, I can handle it. Well, he surprised us by coming home JUST for the birth. Fast forward 3 months and he is still here. :) He needed surgery, and really, the Lord just knew I needed I him here to help me with 4 kids. We dealt with lots of sickness, me not bouncing back to my chipper myself after Brynlee, just lots of craziness. I'm so grateful for him and all the help he has been.

Ok, so back to Brynlee. At 40 weeks...her due date..Nove 16th, we walked into the hopsital to have our sweet girl. We were late of course, but made it. My pictures got way out of order, sorry. You get the idea though. So we arrive at 6am. Within 30 minutes, I was all prepped. Things went pretty fast. I will say having c sections is not the natural way to have a baby, but it is fast. I was wheeled into the OR and Dr. Stewart was there waiting for me. When Brynlee came out, she was screaming her head off!!! The first thing I heard Dr. Stewart say was, "Oh wow, she is a baldy". All of our kids were born with a little bit of hair. It's usually a little dark and over the next few weeks, it all falls out. Not with Brynlee, she was born with NO hair. There is nothing better than kissing a sweet bald head that smells heavenly. I wanted to soak in every moment of her birth, b/c I knew this would be our last baby .


Here we go...


Look who got to be home with me!? Was loving the Army this day for sending him home to me.....
I don't think I have ever been this big before....look at this baby! She was so heavy to carry around!



All dressed up pretty to go home.

Mackenzie thought she could sit in Brynlee's seat. :)
Spent the first few weeks just doing this. This is the best feeling ever! I love being a Mom!










1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Somehow I missed this post?! What the heck is wrong with me! Jess I am so happy Luke was there for her birth, and especially that he was able to STAY! The Lord does take care of us :) You are an incredible woman, and incredible mom! What a feeling to know your family is complete. Take care of yourself!